Monday, October 25, 2010

Becoming the Woman of His Dreams by:Sharon Jaynes




I finally got a local library card, and today I came across this book near a book about commitment phobia in men (my next great borrow!).

So far, I find it to be a bit gospel-preachy, but I know there will be some valuable information as well.

The book so far has really focused on women being Godly as a healthy and successful woman in any man's life. But perhaps it is the feministic qualities in me that wants to puke over the fact that a Godly man would be a nice portion of a relationship as well! In fact, half of the things men go for in a woman don't spell "God" to me at all. Could this book be just another one of those ultra-conservative viewpoints from a typical bible-thumper? We shall see. I should read more.

Now don't get me wrong. I DO believe that God's blessing is placed upon the sanctity of marriage. I for one, take matrimony very seriously. That is why I never married the two men I was previously engaged to. I simply couldn't marry someone whom I thought lacked the ambition and willingness to work on problems we were already having. The man I will marry will stay by my side and give equally to the same degree I will, which is pretty darned devoted. It's a hard quality to find in a man (or a woman) these days.

But one sentence from this book really spoke to me, and because of it...I'm dying to read the rest..." 'However, In the Lord, neither is woman independent of man, nor is man independent of woman' (1 Corinthians 11:11 NASB). We were designed to depend on and complement each other."

Yes. The truth is...we are never complete until we have found our soul mate! I totally knew it! It's what I've been saying all along.

The question that remains...is our soul mate predestined for us by the Lord? If so...why does he allow divorce to happen in the first place? Does getting it wrong for some people constitute a sort of "training" period for some who still have lessons to learn before they can find their soul mates? Do some who find their soul mates later in life still have growing up to do in their younger years?

So many questions I don't know if I'll ever have the answers to. Nevertheless, I will read on.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails